My Blogging Debut~

04 February 2010

So, I am officially a blogger now!  I am excited to put my thoughts on "cyber paper" and have something that my girls can one day look back on.   This blog "Cook Girls Wear Pink" is dedicated to my husband Bobby and my daughters Alivia Faith and Audrey Grace.


As many know, my girls and my husband make my life complete.  I don't mind saying (even though it makes me feel a little guilty now) that I never wanted to be a mom... not until the first moment I felt Alivia kick in my tummy.  That was a defining moment for me-  the moment when I realized that my life was missing something.  Funny how that happens-  one moment your looking at your pregnant stomach and thinking "how did I let this happen" and then you feel a little flutter and your over joyed and crying tears of happiness.  


My life didn't nessacerily turn out the way I thought it was going to-  I swore I would never be a teacher or work in education, I swore I wouldn't ever depend on someone to take care of me, and I swore off ever having a family.  Now look at me... A mother of two girls who make me laugh and smile, married to a man I can't imagine living without, and a school counselor to boot!  Funny how things happen. I have definate things that I would like to change about my life... but, the core foundation of my family is something that I hold dear.  I want to savor every moment of my time with Bobby and the girls... just soak it up and roll around in it!   

guess this blog is going to be a little mushy-- hopefully anyone who reads it will be able to connect with some of what I have to say.  I'm a pretty opinionated person who doesn't mind speaking up.   I'm excited to share with others my thoughts and feelings, but more importantly, I want something for Alivia and Audrey to look back on and understand who I am and what I stand for. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment