Mommy Time - Outs

16 February 2010


"Every Mother has the breath taking privilege of sharing with God in the creation of a new life.  She helps bring into existence a soul that will endure for all eternity. "


This quote was given to me when I had Alivia-  it is sooo true!  I can't think of anything more special than being a mother.  "MommyHood" is a new adventure everyday... some days I am really good at it and then there days when I need a Mommy time-out!


I think this morning was a day that I needed a time-out... Wow!  Poop at 7:35 a.m. from Audrey and then a screaming Alivia over not having an Elmo DVD in the car!  What did my parents do without the capibilities of watching movies in the car?  How did we all function?  It is nice to have, but I think I am missing out on spending some quality time with the girls... I remember  the car rides as the perfect time for my parents to quiz me on what was going on in my life. 
Mommy time-outs are essential in the life of a mother-  I look forward to the days when I can lock the bathroom door again and take a bath without Alivia coming in and asking if she can get in the bath with me... I can't imagine what it will be like when Audrey is able to open the door as well!  Life is going to continue to get crazier. 
Although there isn't a lot of "me" time lately, just look at those two faces.... I am a  lucky girl!  Those two (even in their devilish moments) are the two brightest stars in my life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment