I believe that everyone has defining moments in their lives- some people make the most of those moments and others (like myself) just let those times slip by us. I let something "slip" by me today and I now regret not taking that moment and doing something with it. I have always allowed others to help me define myself... I make bold statements about how I would handle things or how I would do something different and when the opportunity presents itself to make a difference in my life; I sit by in a passive manner. I disappointed myself today and I hope that I can teach my daughters to be more assertive- to stand up and define them!
So, this is a list of "I wants" for my girls...
I want for Alivia and Audrey to be so much more than I am... I want for them to set goals and actively work to achieve them... I want for my girls to be all and do all. I don't want them to settle in their lives because it is easier. I want them to marry a man like their daddy-- a man who loves them and takes care of them emotionally, physically, and financially. I want for them to have values, morals, and character traits that when they go to bed at night, they have no regrets. I want for them to have respect and be respected... I want for them to have defining moments and to never disappoint themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment