This morning I sat down to have a much needed cup of coffee and saw the faces of my three little girls.... engrossed in the TV show they were watching... I was suddenly brought to tears! God spoke to me in this moment... in my heart I heard the words " You are a blessed mom." Yes, I am ... blessed beyond words. I know that I am blessed so why am I constantly complaining and worrying about things? I take for granted the joys like snuggling with my girls on the couch or watching them play and I focus on the worries of my life. I gripe about the lack of sleep and feel jealousy over other people taking vacations or living in big expensive houses. I loose sleep over the lack of money in our checking account and how to pay all the bills and I forget that God has never forsaken my family. Yes, I am blessed but often times I do not bless others.
Lately, I have been thinking about how the gripes and worries must be how the devil gets his "hooks or horns" into my life. I know that when I am feeling down, I do not share a good Christian attitude. I can be tense and cranky... difficult to be around- now people who know me are going to laugh at this statement! This is not a news flash to most!! I realize though, that the people I really hurt with this attitude are my daughters. I see my oldest mirroring this behavior and I am shamed that I have taught her how to be a worry wort and take her frustrations out on others.
Being a Christian mom adds some pressure- I need to model God's Love to my daughters, and God's love isn't something you can fake. You have to genuinely reach out to others with kindness and compassion and not because you want something in return. Being a Godly mother means teaching and showing my daughters the rewards of being a Christian. Praying with them and in front of them... not just telling them to pray... Helping others even when they do not want your help or are thankful for your help... not just saying that they need help and then walking away. I want for my girls to grow up with the knowledge that God is the one to turn too when your scared and lonely- he never forsakes his children.
I am honored to be a Christian... honored that with all my faults, God still loves me. I don't deserve this, but so very thankful for it. I am also honored that I have these blessings in my life- my faith, grace, and hope...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment