The Stay At Home Mom...

21 March 2010

I am so jealous of the stay at home moms!  I would love to be able to stay home and be the person who is shaping the personalities of my little girls.  Honestly, throughout the week, the person who keeps them during the day gets to see my daughters more waking hours than I do.  By the time I get home and get them fed and bathed, it is time for them to go to bed and time for me to try and breathe!
I think summer vacation is the reason that I have stayed in education despite the fact that we make little to no money and the entire system is falling on its rear.  Summer Vacation is the time when I get to stay home and pretend to be a stay at home mom...those two months in which I get to be with my babies day in and day out. 
I am insanely nervous about taking them to new daycare tomorrow!  I know that this is a good decision, but I am a nervous mom who doesn't like change!  I worry that nobody will like my little girls and will treat them poorly.... see, this is where being a stay at home mom really rocks!  If I could be with Alivia and Audrey all day then I would be able to give them the love and attention that I think they need everyday to flourish and grow as a person.  I hate depending on a "stranger" to instill the morals and values during the daylight hours Monday thru Friday! 
I keep praying that we will somehow someway be able for me to take a year off... just one year in which I stayed home and loved on my girls from morning to night...

0 comments:

Post a Comment