A Letter To Alivia and Audrey...

21 March 2010

Alivia and Audrey,
I looked at you this morning and knew without a doubt that your two of the most precious people on earth!  I can not imagine mine or your daddy's life without you two- you two are what makes our family work.  I could not love anyone with more intensity and passion than I do you both and your daddy. 
Alivia, you are such a funny and witty little girl!  I know that all mothers look at their kids and say "you're the most beautiful," or "you're the smartest little girl..."-- But, you truly are the most beautiful and smartest little girl I know.  You amaze me with your vocabulary and how you can listen to something just once and remember it a month later.  You know all your ABC's and can sing a dozen different songs- You love to play and to be "in charge!" You have a little bit of an attitude these days, but I can see that you are going to be independent and able to problem solve.  You are spreading your little two and half year old wings and I am honored that you are my daughter... my first little being.  You make me want to be a better person and you make me want to challenge myself to do more... be more... more for you and your sister.   You make me so happy!
Audrey, you are mommy's little snuggle bunny.  Your smile just makes my heart melt and when you reach up and touch my face or look at me with that knowing "you are my mommy" look... well, that just does me in!  You are ready to walk, although you are a little scared of it.  Alivia is your true hero!  She walks into a room and you light up!  She loves you... never let her tell you differently!  I can not get enough of you... you are so beautiful and such a loving little creature.  Your first birthday is in two weeks and I can't believe that you have been mine for almost a full year.  You brighten our days and make us truly a complete family.
Girls- you are so blessed to have your daddy... he adores you both and is the perfect daddy for you.  He is so patient and willing to play and just takes such good care of us as a family.
I am so very proud to be your mommy and I love you guys so very much.... I look forward to the upcoming years with you both.  Thank you for being my daughters... I am honored, truly honored to call you mine.
Yours,  Mommy:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment